Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Almond Cookies or Baadam Nan-Khatai

This is very near to my heart as it takes me back to my mom. I used to ask her specially to make these, it tasted better than anything in the world. And on top of it, with a touch of my mom's hand, it was blissful. So I decided to make these, asked her the recipe a month back. But somehow, didn't get the time to make it and lost the recipe too. Asked her again, same thing happened.


This time I decided that I will make these as soon as I will get the recipe (obviously had to ask again :( ). But finally I made these heavenly delicious cookies with a little twist of my own. Adding almond, as I love flavor of almond in anything.


I ate one of those and than I ate 4-5. I just couldn't stop feeling happy as it came out exactly I had in my mind. So happy with the results and hopefully you will like it too :).



Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup almonds - grind finely
1/2 cup butter - directly out of refrigerator
1 tsp milk

Recipe:

1. Sieve all purpose flour and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, sieve powdered sugar and mix butter. Either by hand or use a stand-mixer to mix the two together. It takes a little time, but worth it :). Mix it until it has a paste like consistency. Stop as soon as it comes together, do not over mix it.
3. Add all purpose flour and almond mixture to it.
4. Mix well, and make it in a dough like consistency. Add milk only if you feel like it is still dry and crumbly.
5. Preheat oven at 350 F.
6. Take a baking tray. Make small balls out of the dough ( keep the ball size half of what cookie size you want as it is going to get double in size) and place it on baking tray at least and inch apart from each other.
7. Put this in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take it out and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
8. Enjoy it with tea or alone. It tastes awesome anyhow :).



No comments:

Post a Comment