Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Potato Cutlets or Aloo Tikki

This is the snack I can 100% say is my all time favorite. I am from Agra, and chaat/snacks there are delicious. I have been to many places but never tasted such aloo tikki anywhere else. Or probably its my birthplace and I have special attachment to it. But whatever may be the case, this is by far the most delicious spicy food I ate.


It is so easy to make, that makes  you think how it can be so tasty. But as all say, simplicity is the best policy. And that is what makes this snack yumilicious. If its in my control I can eat this day in day out :D. Please enjoy my version of aloo tikki.


Ingredients:

3 medium sized boiled and peeled potatoes
1 medium sized carrot - cut into small cubes
1/4 cup of boiled peas
1/4 cup of boiled corn
1/4 cup of coriander leaves - finely chopped
1 green chili - finely chopped
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
12 cashew nuts
12 raisins
2 tbsp oil

Spices:

1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp dry mango powder
1 tsp chaat masala
salt to taste



Recipe:

1. Mash potatoes (not too fine, if you prefer mash with hands)
2. Add carrots, peas, corn, coriander leaves, chili and mix everything properly.
3. Add all the spices and mix again.
4. Add bread crumb mixture at the very end and start making potato cutlets (in any shape you prefer). I generally make them round. And fill two pieces each of cashew nuts and raisins inside the cutlets.
5. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. When heated, place potato cutlets in the pan. Do this on low medium  heat, and let it slowly cook. Slow cooking gives a very good crust on cutlets and cooks everything inside out.
6. Once cooked, serve with ketchup and coriander chutney. Or you can make bread sandwich out of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment