Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cauliflower Soup

I  had to say this is the super easy soup recipe I have made till date. It is so easy, it hardly needs any ingredients and cooks without needing any hawking it all the time. And on top of it, it tastes yum.

So I had a head of cauliflower left with me. First I thought of making you know normal "gobhi aloo" sabzi. But thankfully decided against it because was very bored of eating cauliflower the same way all the time.


And guess what, at this moment, as usual Google comes for the rescue and I started searching for cauliflower recipes. It is while this search, I came across cauliflower soup recipe. Thought to myself, it must be very time consuming and tough to make. But, to my surprise it turned out that it was the easiest and quickest soup recipe I have come across. So, without any delay I made this yum soup and had it for dinner. Yes, a whole bowl of soup for me alone :D.




Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower (small/medium sized)
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
2 cups water

Recipe:

1. Preheat oven at 450 F.
2. Separate cauliflower head into florets. Wash them and dry them properly using a kitchen paper towel until all water is dried. This is because if you have water in your florets it will take longer to cook in the oven and might get soggy too.
3. Take large baking tray/pan, which ever you have available. Place your florets individually and not overlapping. Add salt,pepper and olive oil on top and mix well so that each floret gets coated properly.
4. Place the baking tray in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take it out and turn all the florets and place it again for 15 minutes.
5. After the end of this, we are looking for golden brown color on each floret.
6.  Take it out, let them cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Take into a mixing jar and grind it with a cup of water until a smooth paste is formed.
8. Now to heat it up again, put it in a pan. Add salt,pepper to taste. Add more water according to the consistency you like. Let it come to a boil after adding water.
9. Server hot with bread/soup sticks or top with clarified butter or plain butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment