Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Roti/Chapatti Dough in Stand-Mixer

I am writing this post because making chapatti dough has been my worst enemy in the kitchen. I can make good dough but to make it on daily basis is quite too boring for me. I have my hubby help me doing this (I know he can make chapatti dough and that pretty good too :) lucky me i know :D).

Anyways to make my life(and his life too :P) easier, I decided to give stand-mixer a try. Since most of us already make pizza dough, cake mix in that, I thought this might as well work for chapatti dough too.

And my oh my.....it worked like magic solving my day to day problem in minutes. You can have this running while working on some other things or just reading a book. Whatever you do, this will make your life smooth and happy :)
Let's begin on how to make our life easier

Ingredients:

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup water + 1/4 cup extra
salt to taste

Recipe:

Add all the ingredients in the stand-mixer and start the mixer on 1 moving on to 2 in 10 seconds and let it run for about 6-8 minutes until it will turn into a sticky dough.


Flour your kitchen counter, remove the dough from stand-mixer to the counter. Knead it for 5-10sec to get it all together and voila you will have a smooth, perfectly soft chapatti dough.

(Note: You can add only 1 cup of water and you don't need to knead it in the end after this, but your dough will be a little dry and you will need to put more strength while making chapattis.)








No comments:

Post a Comment