Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cream of Mushroom Soup

This is kind of soup which I don't make normally, only when I crave for that creamy, luscious texture of mushroom and cream in it. Whenever I had this soup in a restaurant, it tasted so good, I thought to myself, it must be very difficult to make at home.

Then one fine day, I decided to make it however hard may it be. I thought what the worst can happen, it won't taste as good as restaurant soup. So I took leap of faith and searched/read a lot about the different ways people make this recipe. Finally, I decided to try the simplest recipe (as once a wise person said simple the food, better it tastes :D). And voila, I hit the jackpot. Same texture, same smell and finally moment of truth same taste even. I was on cloud 9 seriously :).

So bringing for you, a very basic recipe and quite easy to make. It tastes delicious and can satisfy all your cravings for healthy as well as creamy yum food.


Ingredients:

2 cups white button mushroom - thinly sliced
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion - thinly sliced
11/2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 cups vegetable/chicken broth

salt to taste
black pepper to taste


Recipe:

1. In a deep saucepan, add butter and put it over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook until translucent.
3. When onions gain that transparent color, add mushrooms. Cover the lid and let mushrooms cook in their own juices.
4. Once mushrooms are cooked, add all purpose flour.
5. Cook the flour for 2-3 minutes or until raw flour flavor is gone.
6. Add vegetable/chicken broth(I prefer chicken as it goes will with mushroom), salt and pepper. Boil the mixture for 8 - 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, turn off the flame and let it come to room temperature. 
8. Take grinder and blend into smoothie like consistency.
9. Add it back again to sauce pan and add cream. Serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment